Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Friday, May 12, 2006

Lee Pui Fung (CG-Elizabeth Hie, Campus Youth Zone)

Seriously, I don't really know what to write for this BMEW testimony. Maybe partly is because I was really tired and we were to submit tthe testimony within 3 days after we've completed our BMEW (Yikes!!)... Brain freeze...

Well, it does help a lot that 4 questions were given to guide us in writing this, though I won't follow strictly to the questions (because I tend to share slightly off topic). What have I learnt spiritually throughout the course? There were many, but one that really hit me was that how sin can deeply grieve our Father in heaven. Yeah, I know sin hurts God and Jesus, but I've never really repented but rather, being remorseful. I tend to fall into sin easily, and I feel bad everytime I do. I didn't take sin as serious as I should have. But during BMEW, Pr Chris taught us and realisation just came to me that every single sin I commit, whether in past, present or future, adds another wound onto Jesus!! Yes, Jesus died for our sins, all of it, past, present and future. So how Jesus died for our future sins?? Doesn't really make much of a sense for humans where time is linear. But God isn't bounded by time and space, it doesn't apply to Him!! So yes, every single sin in future affects crucification of Jesus!! I'll add extra one more wound on Jesus when I sin. I crucified Jesus... At that time, I almost could feel the pain, though it's nothing near to what He really suffered on the cross. So to me, everytime I'm tempted to sin, I'll keep in mind that I'm hurting Jesus more, so as to keep me away from sin. I pray that I'll rely on His strength and wisdom to avoid sin as much as possible.

There was a moment which was very precious to me during BMEW. Being a christian of 2 and half years, I've been attending cg meetings and celebrations regularly. Upon the encouragement of my previous cg leader after 2 years, I even join the CYZ worship ministry Flare. I was very blessed throughout my 2 and half years, but I felt that my love for God isn't deep enough. From Bible, I know that God loves me but I couldn't see it in a significant manner. When I listened to testimonials of others, how God changed their lives tremendously, how God has touched their hearts, I longed for those. I wanted to experience what they had, their encounter with God's presence and love. I wanted something which is precious and personal between me and God only. I guess I wasn't really in-tune with Him, or else I would be able to follow Him closely. Then I encounter it during the 1st session of BMEW, titled Father the heart of God. It was based on the parable of the prodigal son. At the end of the session, we all knelt down and Pr Chris was telling us to imagine that we're little children, and our heavenly Father in front of us, extending His hands to us to hold our hands, calling us to Him. I saw myself holding Him, and He took me to a little park, talked to me and played with me just like a loving father would. The encounter was so real, so emotional for me that I started tearing... God really touched my heart in a way that I couldn't explain. I don't usually cry like that. I think I never really cried in that way before. That moment was so precious to me, no one could ever take that away from me. After that I was so filled with God's presence.

BMEW has certainly changed the way I'm going to lead my life. The most important thing now which I want to focus is to deal with running away from temptation and sin. And one thing I learnt was that, the first step is to confess and not hide anything. When we're serious about being accountable to each other, the tendency for us to fall into sin is less since there's nothing to hide. I was blessed to have my own cg leader to be my sharing partner during BMEW, and coincidently, she is my accountability partner (though we never really make use of this acountability partnership well). Now I will start by making an effort to tell her whenever I'm tempted and will pray together. I want to make a change.

I really encourage all those who haven't sign up for BMEW to go for it. It's really interesting, you'll meet a lot of new people. For me, I was practically the only youth from CYZ who went for 6-7th of March BMEW (Thank God my cg leader went as ministry member!!) I felt worried at first that I wouldn't be able to fit in, but I get to know alot of people who are more mature and it makes the whole thing interesting. Not only that, it's a really good getaway period from all the hustle and bustle of our city life, and just encounter God in peace. Add in the good food, it's really a good getaway!!

There's so much more to write, including Pr Chris sharing about his family and a few tips on parenting and couple's relationship and all the humour in them, but I won't write too much here. If you want to know, sign up for BMEW and experience it yourself. You don't have to treat it as a pre-requisite to baptism or membership, because I think it's a very good reminder of what God is like as a Father and what Jesus did for us at the cross. If you think you have lost the love, passion and thirst you once have for God, sign up for BMEW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home