Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Jason Kho (CG-Lily Wong, PJN1)

Jason Kho & Henry Chiah
What is one most important spiritual lesson I have learnt?
I have learnt that it is so important to be in tune with God every day, to have a conscious effort to always include God in every area of my life, including Him in all that I do. It would help me to be able to be more sensitive to the Holy Spirit and be guided by Him daily.

This would include more time in prayer and reading of His Word which is a basic necessity (spiritual food) for every Christians, but neglected by many.

What has transacted between you and God this weekend?
The weekend has been a “release” for me. In such weekend where I put aside my life and focus on Him, it is such a joy to dwell in His presence (which I felt during the BMEW sessions).

Being always busy coping with my everyday life, God is telling me that I can surely find rest in Him. In Him, I can find release and freedom in his Word. I also find my spirit-man strengthen by listening of His Word and He certainly lifted my burdens off my shoulders.

How did you feel before and after the Encounter Weekend?
I came without much expectation, but looking forward to it knowing that there’s a surprise waiting for me. After the Encounter Weekend, I feel refreshed and renewed, and my conscious of allowing more of the Lord in my life becomes more apparent.

Why should others attend the Encounter Weekend?
It is certainly a good course and you would actually have an encounter with the Lord and never know you can be that close to Him, until the Encounter Weekend teaches you how to open your heart and run back to the Father.

Everyone would also have baggage carried along with them, so in this encounter, you would learnt to recognize how real these baggage are and learn to place it at the feet of Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home