Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Juliana Teo (CG-Ashvin Raj, PJN1)

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Nice to know all of you. My name is Juliana Teo. I learnt and experienced much about the love of the Father through the BMEW. We will only experience such a worthy experience once in our lifetime and will never come again!

One of the most important spiritual lessons I have learnt during BMEW is to write down all of my previous sins, and to renounce them, and left all kinds of my previous sins away. I should face my sin honestly and seriously. I did not hide but confess, renounce, repent and covenant with God to live a life of holiness from that day onwards. I learnt that when there is a genuine repentance, no matter what terrible things we have done, our Father heart of God shows the patient and unfailing love of the Father completely wipes away all the sins that I have committed and He is faithful to forgive us. I have learnt that I do not keep sin in secret, but I should renounced and repent.

During this BMEW, I came to know that rejection is one of the most painful feelings and yet I have to forgive those who hurt and reject me. This is the way for me to overcome my baggage and bondages in my life. I have to forgive those people who ill-treated me so that my past baggage and bondages will not be hindrances to my walk and growth in the Lord.

Another interesting experience in BMEW is we had to practice speaking in tongues. We prayed to God to give us this gift, and we had to use this gift once we were received it.

After this weekend, I really get to know more about our heavenly Father and learn to love God more. We will be joyful once we put our Father in the center of everything we do. We can ask God for this. Thus, we learnt to capture the vision from God for living and live out God’s purpose for our life.

Before the Encounter Weekend, although I was hesitant about signing up for BMEW, I thought this was the time for me to really think about the baptism, and truly become Christian. I felt that I did not have the confidence. But after the Encounter Weekend, I have no regret in coming for this BMEW.

I would like to encourage all of you to attend this BMEW as it is the opportunity where we have the time to encounter for God. In addition, I gained a lot knowledge in husband and wife relationship, and parenting tips. BMEW is the place we share our experience with God in touching us in many way.

Finally I would like to thank God for leading me to DUMC in November last year because it is here I learn how to be a proper Christian. I is never too late to become one, and I have sense of belongings to serve in DUMC now! Amen.

Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home