Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Lee Hui Min (CG-Ken Lee, PJN1)

Juliana Teo & Lee Hui Min

MY DATE WITH MY HEAVENLY FATHER

On 6 May 2006, I make my way to Empress Hotel to attend the BMEW feeling all excited, because I have an important date with God! I have prayed very hard before this day finally came, I am looking forward to an amazing encounter with my heavenly father.

As my husband and I were traveling there, we saw a rainbow in the sky, following us as we make our way to Sepang. What an awesome reminder from God that He is with me all the way and He will meet me at the BMEW.

On the 1st day Pastor Chris shared with us the parable of the prodigal son. Since I came from a Christian family, I know the story very well, because I’ve heard of it so many times. But somehow this time I can vividly feel the love of the father in the story. I closed my eyes and I can clearly see my heavenly father standing in the horizon, waiting eagerly for me to return to him. Yes, there are many occasions in my life which I have strayed away from God. I have tried to achieve what I want base on my own knowledge, with my own methods, and I look to people for security. But as time passes by, I realised my own limitations. I have also experienced disappointment again and again from the one I love the most, making me feel completely insecure in my life. I started feeling bitter and revengeful and let unforgiveness clog up my heart. I often listen to the lies of Satan, telling myself I’m not loved and I’m worth nothing.

So one day when my body finally gave way to all my stress and anxiety, my “flesh man” was completely broken down, and that’s when my “spirit man” started to emerge. I started praying earnestly to God and seek security and affirmation from Him. Then it daunts unto me that as I face the trials in my life, I have forgotten about my heavenly father, the one who created me and this whole universe - my Provider. I didn’t put God as my priority. I did not surrender myself to him and did not pray for strength from Him. Instead, I tried so hard to solve my problems by myself, bearing all the burdens on my shoulder. The bible says in Matthew 11:28, Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. I surrender myself to Him and find complete rest in Him. Because my heavenly father knows what my needs are! But I have also learned that our God is a perfect gentleman, He will not do anything to help us unless we call unto Him. He will not force His wills on us. But as soon as we call out to Him, He will answer our prayers. When I run 1 step towards him, He runs 100 steps toward me!! How great is that?!! My heavenly father had loved me even before I was born and will continue to do so until I leave this world one day.

With my eyes closed tightly, I see myself running to God and I got a big bear hug from Him, and I just couldn’t stop my tears from rolling down my cheeks. I received again the confirmation from God that HE LOVES ME!! He loves me despite all the wrongs that I have done, He will not forsake me although I have forgotten about him. My God IS the loving father of the prodigal son.

I learned another valuable lesson from the pairing of prayer partners. After Pastor Chris paired us up with our prayer partner, I was 100% ready to pour my heart out to my partner and share all my problems with her. I have heard some wonderful testimonies from my cg members on how their prayer partners ministered to them in a great way. So I thought, I shall benefit from my prayer partner as she ministers to me. But God wants me to learn something better by pairing me up with my prayer partner, who is a new Christian. As we shared I realized she has gone through so much afflictions in her life and she needs God’s blessings more than I do. So, instead of focusing on my own needs, I did my best to pray for her. I believe God wants to use me as a tool to extend His love physically to my partner. I always think that I have nothing to offer, and am very comfortable remaining at the receiving end. Which is why I said I am all ready to pour my problems to my partner and let her minister to me. But I understand now, by remaining at the receiving end I do not exercise my faith at all. I will remain as a spiritual baby forever. How could someone realize the joy of giving unless he starts to give? It is only when you learn to give to others that you realize you are actually a rich person. And as I pray for my dear friend I pray for wisdom for me to bring comfort to my friend. I also constantly give thanks to my God for giving me this opportunity to serve others. By faith, I believe that as I do my best to minister to others, God will personally minister to me. (Thank you father for loving me and teaching me this!) I also understand now why God does not give me the gifts that I have prayed for over the years. What’s the point of giving you something if you are not going to make good use of it? It’s like giving a Ferrari to someone who doesn’t know how to drive. J The moral of the lesson is: start serving! and God will equip you with His gifts along the way. The more you give, the more you will receive.

The sky may not always be blue and the sun may not be shining brightly everyday of my life, but I’ve learned that my heavenly father is my anchor. I will tie myself so tightly to Him that I may never wither when life’s big storms hit me. I want to thank Pastor Chris for the wonderful lessons I’ve learned at BMEW. But most of all I want to thank God for blessing Pastor Chris so much that he in turn can bless us with our father’s mighty love.

I believe everything in my life happens for a reason. God is using every incident in my live to build and mould my character. Now I face my life with a changed attitude, because once again I am reminded of God’s love and I know He has wonderful plans for me. If you need to be reminded how deep is our heavenly father’s love for you, I urge you to register for BMEW. It will recharge your faith and give you a brand new prospect in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home