Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Daniel Luhat Wan (CG-Dylan Wong, PJN2)

One of the most important spiritual lessons that I learnt over the weekend was about the Father's love. Well, I realized I was focusing too much on the prodigal son. The common accepted view was more on the long lost son and his acceptance again by the 'Father'.

Jesus gave this parable reflecting how lost and miserable the son was but yet it all ended well just simply because the 'Father' accepted him again, unconditionally. Why? I think the answer is simply because of His great love. I've learnt more about the Father's love, which I tend to forget sometimes.

I sensed that the Lord was waiting more for my response in trusting Him. After all the years since accepting Him, He's now waiting for my response in relying on His word, promises, guidance and faithful unfailing love. The Lord is eager to know how far I will continue walking, trusting and hoping. I felt He was there among us in the meeting. Waiting with His loving outstretched arms for me to simply be continually responsive to Him in everything regarding godliness, truth and holiness.

Frankly, I thought that the encounter weekend will be less exciting than what the actual experiences were. I attended for the sake of my membership in DUMC. But, now I found out that it's more than that. It's worth a thousand blessings! My view of Christianity is totally revamped! The course content and teaching have helped me become clearer about my pilgrimage in life. Plus, with all lovely members that had attended it, it was indeed a roller coaster experience in life. Thank Lord Jesus for such an event!

I strongly recommend that more people should attend this meeting because it will indeed help you to have a refreshing encounter with the Lord. I saw His hands moving throughout the sessions. Hearts will be prepared for His love. Love in Him can grow stronger as well as love for one another. Your inner being will be ready to soar incredibly. Unsurprisingly, members can be excited to face another day with the Lord our God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home