Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Elaine Yeong (CG-Essie Wong, PJS2)

Thank you for the amazing talk last Saturday and Sunday.

Before going to BMEW:

1) I kept on delaying the date for BMEW. I feel that i am not prepared yet.
2) I think that I will fall asleep during the course.

After going to BMEW:

1) I feel very happy and interesting.
2) Meaningful class, I have learned a lot, a lot.
3) Ready to be baptised.
3) Thank God for my praying partner - Alice, she is caring, cute and cheerful. (many people said I look like her too, haha)

The most important spiritual lesson I have learnt is "The Father Heart of God". I seldom cry. When Pastor Chris asked us to imagine how our Heavenly Father hold our hands, hugged us and willing to take away all our burdens, my tears kept streaming down. Joyful and touched. I could feel His love, His sacrifices and His forgiveness completely.

I have learnt to draw closer to God.

I realized that I give very little time to God but God looks after me 24 hours a day. I don't pray often, I read bible once a week, when I don't feel like going to church, iI don't go.

The greatest enemy is myself!!

I feel so sorry for God, I should have spent more time with Him. I want to give my love to my family, my friends, my realtives, etc just like how God has sacrificed His love for us even though we sin.

My earthly father and two brothers are christians by name only. They don't go to church, they don't pray and never read bible. So now I think it is my responsibility to change their life, especially my dad. Firstly, I have to change my own attitude. I always argue with my dad when he scolds me. So next time when he scolds me, I will just keep my mouth shut and listen, wait until he calms down, I will share my feelling with him softly. I want to let them know how I have changed to be a better person through Jesus Christ so I can influence them to draw closer to God.

Others should attend BMEW because they may learn a lot such as how to throw away their sins and bondages, forget about their painful past and begin with a new life, forgive people, deal with rejections, the reasons for baptism. People may come with a heart full of burdens and sorrows, or there's something tied up inside them that make them feel hard to let go. But I guarantee that when they walk out from this class, they will be a completely new person with new hope and feel a sense of relief. Once again thanks to Pastor Chris for his teaching sessions as he makes them interesting, fun and meaningful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home