Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Maxine Koh (CG-Peter Cheong, PJS1)

Maxine Koh & Jean Cheong

1) What is one most important spiritual lesson I have learnt?

I have learnt that our Lord Father is very gracious and merciful. No matter what sins we commit, He will still forgive us if we genuinely repent. This helps me to open my heart to others as well that I should also forgive them for those who have hurt me in the past.

I have always found it difficult to forgive my earthly father for what he had done to us when he was alive. The Encounter Weekend has helped to remove this emotional baggage from me that I have been carrying for the last 30 over years.

Such tremendous relief has further opened my heart to others. If I could forgive my earthly father for what he had done to us, I could forgive others as well. I now find life wonderful to have a ‘forgiving heart’ as I do not have to keep thinking about the hurt but to move forward with my life……
2) What has transacted between you and God this weekend?

As Pastor Chris was preaching about ‘The Father Heart of Gold’, I had a vision of Lord Jesus extending His hand to reach out for me. He then held my hand and we walked together on a path.

With the vision, I believe Lord Jesus wants to draw me close to him and walk His way.

3) How did you feel before and after the Encounter Weekend?

The Encounter Weekend was a wonderful experience. Besides the emotional healing and the great ‘forgiving heart’ it has built in me, I have picked up very good tips on parenting.

4) Why should others attend the Encounter Weekend?

I would definitely encourage others to attend the Encounter Weekend. My own experience as well as the great testimonies given by other fellow brothers and sisters testified that the Encounter Weekend could bring joy and freedom to those attend. What’s more, at so little cost! Nevertheless, I believe the emotional richness I experienced could not be equated to any amount of money.

Thank you Pastor Chris for the GREAT weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home