Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Joanne Tee (CG-Essie Wong, PJS2)

Essie Wong & Joanne Tee
Praise the Lord! It's really a wonderful encounter weekend.

The most important lesson I have learnt is the"Parable of the loving Father" and the "Confessing of Sins". As I kneel down, I had an encounter with God. I cried heavily and was heavy with burden. I cried as I came from a family with problems of alcoholism and gambling. My parents passed away when I was only 12 years old. My brothers and sisters are all heavy gamblers or alcoholics. My family members are not close to each other. Most of my family members are down with diabetes and high blood pressure. I had this miserable life. I always think that it is the generation curse and sins of my family. I always keep to myself and I don't talk much. As I kneel before the Lord and confess, I felt very relieved and I know that God had forgiven me. I know that I can break this generation curse with Lord's power.

Before the encounter weekend I was quite reluctant to go because deep in my heart there is something inside me that cannot let go of the bondages. My daughter is attending the same cell group and she said she wanted to go. That's how I came together with my daughter for the BMEW.

After the encounter weekend I really had a great relief and the Lord Jesus had heal us through His wound and forgive us through our repentance. I experience what a wonderful God He is.

I hope more members will attend the encounter weekend so that they can experience the Lord's presence and touch their heart so that their sins and wounds will be healed and forgiven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home