Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Alice Wong (CG-Peter Cheong, PJS1)

Elaine Yeong & Alice Wong

I found out that I'm really blessed... I just came here to KL for half a year and I have met so many good men. My cell leader Uncle Peter and Auntie Jean help me and my friend Melissa a lot especially in transport to cell group every Friday night, sometimes on education, and solving problems. Not forget to mention my Parents in Christ Uncle Robbin and Auntie Maxim, Mr and Mrs Jimmy, Pastor Daniel, Pastor Margaret, Pastor Gan, Pastor Chris, Pastor Micheal, and to other uncle, aunties, brothers and sisters. I'm really blessed and grateful to know you all here in this short period. Times flies but my heart to the Lord will grow stronger and stronger.

I came from a very broken family, my mum and dad fight 'everyday' yup... that's right. In BMEW Pastor Chris has actually mentioned most of that parenting problem of my house. In the class, I got so surprised and then something stroke my mind and pierced my heart on first day in BMEW 6.6.2006 (Sat) When Pastor mentioned Luke 15:11-24 – about second son who took possession of the Father’s property and then when he returned when he repented, his father who have been waiting for his arrival with unfailing love and patient, gave the son a hug and kiss – I broke down in tears because He touched my heart and showed how great an earthly father with the love of the heavenly Father loved and given a warm hug to the son that betrayed his father. This reminds me of my mother who has a very bad temper and sometimes may loose control, and that day God let me see how my mother hold my hand and welcome me home... and brought me to my dad and brother who were behind me putting their hands on my shoulders. There are so many wonderful vision that God had given them to me, we all sang songs, watched tv, prayed together, had meals together with our hearts smiling and so many wonderful visions He gave to me. This is my first time that God gave me such wonderful thoughts, before that whenever I pray, I can only see the sad part of my life, feeling so rejected… my mother used to call me “stupid”, “… you are not my daughter”, “leave this house!”, “these are my property, if you want, go earn it yourself!”, and other foul words, and the one that hurt me the most was “if I have the chance I’ll abort you like others too…” and “you are my slave, get it!! So do as what I say!!” (in Chinese). It’s even scarier when she’s out of control; because this is what she told me “I may be out of control, Kai Lyn, so please don’t make me angry again and just follow what I commanded” and this is when I know my mother is really sick. Maybe before that I still can’t forgive what my mother was doing. That’s why I always wanted to run away from home as I am so fearful to return to my own home. I do not have the peace and felt so pressurised in my house; I think this goes the same to my dad and younger brother. This is how I’ve grown up from. However, I have almost forgotten some of them and forgave my only mother just like how Jesus has forgiven us.

Moreover because of how my mother has treated me and what my family has become, I don’t think I want to give these image to others either. I smoke to release tension and pressure which turned out to be not the answer. I drank alcohol sometimes although I know I can’t drink because of allergy. I drove really fast in Miri before, all to release my sadness and hurt inside my heart. Because what I think was I “never” see how parents can treat the child like this??!! Nevertheless I woke up and turned to realized that not everyone is that fortunate – like the recent story posted by Pastor Chris about a girl named Angel.

In this BMEW I learnt how to forgive and feel the love and presence of God. I now understand how blessed to have a family compared to those who are unfortunate but God will still love us. And I have transacted with God by pictures… He made me realized that, without my mother, I can’t be in this earth, and how difficult it is for a woman to carry a heavy new flesh in her womb. Everything I wish for was pictured in my mind and it was an opposite of my real life. Now, my mother’s health is not as healthy as before because she has been shouting and this had caused her to have heartache, headache, and insomnia. So He gave me a picture of how my mother actually loves me, and how my dad loves her so much. Parents’ actions have great influence over how the children eventually will turn out to be, not to forsake and torture them. Actually I really love my mother and father (my family), no matter how they behave and no matter whom they will ever be and I looking forward for that day when I can see them accept Christ. I even dare to pray on the phone with my dad the next few days and talk about how Jesus Christ forgave me to my mother which I never do before.

During the encounter weekend, Pastor introduced to me a sister who is so caring and funny in times to cheer me up and we take turns! I also wanted to bless her family with the love of Christ and wisdom for her and her mother to share as well as touch their family members who have yet to accept Christ. After the course my heart felt so light, felt like floating in the sky, just like Pastor Chris said if you recalled your past and groaned feeling uneasy, that means you have not cured from the wound and not yet forgive those who have hurt you. But I don’t feel uneasy anymore after we covered Luke 15:11-24, does that mean I’m cured? I understand the scope of the unfailing love now. There is just too much to talk about… but I really have not regretted joining BMEW. Pastor Chris made it so interesting and everyone is so concentrating on this as well as when they too were enjoying themselves. I’ve learnt a lot a lot and benefited from this course even knew more wonderful sisters and brothers who also taught me a lot for my life and future although we may not be perfect but I’m sure these are good men and I believe in them.

Thank you so much Pastor Chris! We’ll all bless you and Pastor Daniel as well!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home