Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Ho Boon Khiong (CG-Ken Lee, PJN1)

Ho Boon Khiong & Daniel Luhat Wan
Before that, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you Pastor Chris for your lesson and experience shared, its useful to us for our future.

1) What is one most important spiritual lesson I have learnt?

The most important lesson that I have learnt is Session 6 'Dealing with Baggage & Bondages'. Throughout the whole encounter weekend, this is the most meaningful lesson to me. During the lesson Pastor asked us to list down our sins on paper. Initially, I try not to list it out because I am afraid people will know my sin and it's a shame. I struggled and had no peace deep in my heart throughout the whole dinner time. After that, I decided to submit to God. Guess what, I felt so good and released after we prayed and threw our sins list into the box. I slept well and felt so easy the next morning.

2) What has transacted between you and God this weekend?
I think God really wanted me to repent of my sins even though I had repented before in my previous church. This encounter weekend, I repented and submitted my sins to God again, I felt so peaceful in my heart. I think, maybe last time I did not list it out, so this round God had wanted me to repent wholeheartedly =)
3) How did you feel before and after encounter weekend?
After this encounter weekend I'm looking forward more to God and try to be a good christian instead of weekly christian.

4) Why should others attend the encounter weekend?
I think this encounter weekend are good for others not only for new believer but also good for older believers. Throughout this encounter weekend we learnt more about Jesus and also, taking this opportunity to repent of our sins and to ask for the gift of 'tongue' from God. Beside, Pastor Chris also arrange a good partner for us so that we can learn together and encourage each other, not only for this encounter weekend, but, also for our future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home