Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Friday, May 19, 2006

Sandy Lo (CG-Loh Keng Sing, KL)

Sandy Lo & Karine Ho

1) The spiritual lesson I learnt from BMEW is the difference between our heavenly father and earthly parents. I am a private person. I always hope that there will be someone who is totally perfect which humanly is impossible to fulfill, someone to be there to love me and guide me, and I know that even my parents and partner cannot fit in that role. I yearned for my parents' attention since I was three years old. There is a lot of dissappointments along the path where I was raised. I cannot say I really felt the Lord close with me, like in tune with God. But I really believe He is always there for me. I sensed His Presence which I always wish for and wanted Him to be with me. I know Him more as a person now. I am glad to know that He is a gentleman.

2) God told me He will give me the gift of speaking in tongue, the wisdom (I pray for that since I am going to start my Master program soon in June), the power of ministry, the thing I ask for (I did pray very hard for this in my heart). He told me to put HOPE in Him. Last year when I was in depression, God spoke to me once. He told me that no matter how hopeless, there will always be a hope there. Every step I take He will be there for me. I think God would like me to know every next step that I take He will be there delightfully with me. God is gracious to give me that gift. I do not know where and when He wants to lead me to and when is the timing. But I know when the timing is right He will lead me to the next step and will proud of my improvement.

3) My life is lighten up, not so heavy anymore to carry on. Maybe it will be heavy some times, but I hope God will always be there for me. and walk beside me.

4) Others should attend to help them really understand what is baptism is for. Maybe they understand what is baptism for but not in depth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home