Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Jean Cheong (CG-Peter Cheong, PJS1)

I was glad to be able to attend the BMEW with Peter and some of our cell members. I believed the sessions gave me time to reflect on my own life. I managed to do some soul searching especially when Pastor Chris shared about the Father’s heart. I cried as I sensed the absence of my own physical father- as I was brought up by my grandparents. I have not felt the love of my own dad when I was young. The Lord, however, came into my life when I was a young child, and, therefore, filled the vacuum in all aspects. I was touched that the Lord came into my life at the right point of time, or I would have been lost in hope and desperation. During the point of reflection at the BMEW, I sensed the Lord, our Father, holding my hands and said, “ everything is ok, alright.” That peace and assurance were just overwhelming. It was a very beautiful experience.

There were also other things that I have learnt. Pastor Chris gave plenty of tips on parenting and marriage. These tips were truly helpful, even though my kids have not reached teenage hood. The advice given would help me prepare, so that I would be able to guide my children and also find my marriage being enriched.
I would encourage those who had been through the BMW (one day course) in the past to sign up for the BMEW. I had the time to search and check on my inner soul during the 2 days and most of all, reminded that God always loves me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home