Baptism & Membership Encounter Weekend (May 2006)

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sophia Lim (CG-Dylan Wong, PJN2)

Sophia Lim & Jamie Koh
Through the BMEW, I've learnt that I'm so blessed by God. I come from a great Christian family background, my father is the best father and friend anyone could have, my mom, always supportive, and both my parents love each other very much. The BMEW has made me realised that because I'm so blessed, i should rise up to the occasion, and with no past to hinder me, I should strive to become a more 'active' Christian. Because I used to lead the youth group in my local Penang church when I was younger, now that I've moved to KL, all that passion somehow fade away. But I've realised that I need to move out of my 'lukewarm-ness' and be on fire for God again.

I came to BMEW, thinking that it was just a pre-requisite to become a church member, and I actually thought I knew all the stuff that was going to be taught, since it was mainly for new believers. But actually, the whole course has been so refreshing, and I find myself experiencing God in a deeper way. God has taught me to rise up because I'm so blessed, and start 'giving' instead of always 'receiving'.


So, even though you're an 'old' Christian, like me (13 years), do not underestimate the power of BMEW, and the power of God to just touch you in ways you never thought possibe. All you need to come with an open and humble heart, to receive, and God will do the rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home